Adams Township Property Tax Collector

 Shirley Lawther



Wage Tax Collector and Occupational Tax Collector

Berkheimer & Associates

  • Phone Number:  724-282-0377
  • Website:

The Adams Township Tax Collector Responsibilities

  • Adams Township Property Taxes
  • Butler County Property Taxes
  • Mars Area School District Property Taxes
  • Certifications on property and mobile homes being sold or refinanced.
  • Questions concerning current property taxes, property ownership and assessments
  • Answering property tax questions of residents

Weekly Office Hours:

  • Call for an appointment
  • Additional office hours will be posted on tax bills


Image result for gov pay net

  • Credit cards can be used to pay county/township property taxes.  Please call 1-(888)-604-7888 or visit
  • Pay your property taxes 24/7 with a credit card via GovPayNet .
  • We Accept:
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • American Express
    • Discover
  • You will pay a service fee at the time of the transaction.
  • GovPayNet also handles all cardholder calls and inquiries about any payment issues that may arise.

Tax Collection Information

  • Payment of taxes are to be paid to Tax Collector.
  • Township Office Staff cannot accept tax payments.
  • County/Township taxes are billed on a calendar year with a billing date of March 1st.
  • School Taxes are billed on a fiscal year: July 1st – June 30th with a billing date of August 1st.
  • All Real Estate Taxes NOT PAID by December 31st must be liened to the Butler County Tax Claim Bureau.


Frequently Asked Tax Questions

  • Who do I make checks payable?
  • Make checks payable to: Shirley Lawther Tax Collector. Use separate checks for school and county/twp taxes.
  • Where do I mail my payment?
  • Shirley Lawther P.O. Box 1230 Mars, PA 16046
  • Can I pay in person?
  • Yes, you may pay at the Adams Township Building. Please see Tax Collector’s posted hours on your tax bill.
  • How do I get another copy of my tax bill?
  • Please send a self-address stamped envelope or email your request to:
  • I no longer have my shed but it is still on my tax card. How do I have it removed?
  • Contact the Butler County Assessment Office.