Adam’s Township Community Park is located on the former Karl Wirth property consisting of 103+ acres off of Three Degree Road.
Mr. and Mrs. Wirth acquired the property from his brothers and sisters over a course of years who had inherited the property from their parents, Andrew and Sarah Jane Blakely. The Blakely’s had purchased the property on November 26, 1890. Mr. Blakely had sold the property to Rayburn and Edna Mae Morrow in 1939 but re-acquired it in 1942. Ownership prior to 1890 has not been established. Adams Township purchased the property from Mr. Wirth on August 5, 1997, with the stipulation that the property remains as a park under municipal control.